Be warned! To score above 299 in JAMB UTME won’t be an easy job. You must promise yourself not to let yourself down while taking some drastic steps I am going to show you. That something won’t be easy doesn’t mean that it isn’t achievable. Most great accomplishments in life require even greater sacrifices.
Most of the principles I wrote about here were things I discovered a friend of mine – Dotun, did to score above 300 in UTME in 2005.
Dotun Olalusi was my classmate in the Class of Architecture of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) in 2005 before he “ported” to study medicine in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) the following year.
In trying to show you some practical steps to take in order to come out in flying colors in JAMB UTME, I am going to itemize some strategies in two different classes: The DOs and the Don’ts.
- Have a checklist and ensure you use it well; here is an article on JAMB Preparation Checklist.
- Have a reasonable timetable for study and stick to it,
- Choose a group of better students for a regular exam-based discussions,
- Start studying the moment you know you would be writing the examination.
- Don’t tolerate weak-points; ensure you are equally good in all the subjects you are taking. Your weak points would reduce your overall performance if you don’t take care of them.
- Don’t just Practice to pass, Practice for excellence. Never get to a point where you think you already know enough. Always study more and make it an habit to always want to get better at what you already do.
- Don’t ever cheat. We have previously written an article, itemizing why an examination cheat might not be what you want to engage in: Why JAMB/UTME Cheats doesn't Work
- Don't stop preparation until examination is concluded.