What are online and offline practice tests? Online practice test is the taken on computers attached to or available through a central computer (server) (Internet is needed) that gets the students prepared for JAMB UTME Computer Based Testing (CBT).
While offline practice test is taken on computer that is not interconnected or connected to network (no need of internet). It is the one you have the practice test kit installed in your Laptops and PCs. This type of practice test is also aimed at preparing students for JAMB UTME Computer Based Testing (CBT).
Both Offline and Online JAMB UTME Computer Based Testing (CBT) have their Advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Offline practice JAMB UTME CBT
- JAMB offline practice is more flexible for the fact that is not attached to the internet.
- The offline practice test has better cost reduction because, you wouldn’t have to keep spending money on getting time ticket at the café or purchasing data bundle on modem or phones each time the student want to practice.
- The JAMB offline practice test is so convenient that the student has access to it any time of the day, at wish.
- The Student has the power and chance of practicing over and over again with the offline practice test.
- The student has total control on timing in the JAMB offline practice test. Thereby, aiding the student’s time management skill.
- The JAMB offline practice test also builds more confidence in the student, so far the student has the whole time for continuous practice.
- The major disadvantage offline practice JAMB UTME CBT is the inconsistence from students. Since students have total control over the software used in practicing.
- Another disadvantage of offline practice is the issue of software error. It might be tedious for the student to reach the development company and also takes time for the students to get patch to update the software to correct the error.
- It doesn’t work on all operating systems (Windows, Android, Mac OS and Linux)
Advantages of Online practice JAMB UTME CBT
- Using the online practice JAMB UTME CBT makes the student consistent
- Prompt fixing of errors in the practice questions.
- The Online practice JAMB UTME CBT works on all operating systems (Windows, Android, Mac OS and Linux)
- It’s the most perfect for improving students time management skill
Disadvantages of Online practice JAMB UTME CBT
- Users of online practice JAMB UTME CBT might have Security Bridge through viruses and worms that creep (users of online practice JAMB UTME CBT must be careful of the site they access)
- It’s sometime costly to access online practice JAMB UTME CBT.
In summary, offline practice has the advantages of flexibility, cost reduction and very convenient to use. Also have the disadvantages of inconsistence from the students. The online practice platform has the advantage that is works across all operations systems.